Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The end of the beginning

Hey everybody! Sorry it has been a while since my last post, it has been a very busy two weeks. Since I am one week late on my blog entries, I'll start by telling you the events of last week. Last week our challenge was by far the most difficult one we have had to endure, (yes, even more than the swimming!) Our challenge was a court work-out where our goal was to sprint 20 down-back down-backs in 25 seconds or less for the first ten, and 26 seconds for the second set of ten, with a 30 second rest in between each one (with a one minute break between the first set and second set of ten). Myself and a few others didn't get to attempt this challenge due to injuries, but I think I speak for the injured crew by saying that it was extremely difficult to watch our teammates complete such a difficult challenge, and that we are extremely proud of them.

On top of this challenge, we had to run two miles at 7:00 a.m. Tues.-Thurs. because some of us didn't get our Academic Progress Reports signed in time (myself included, sorry team!). So, I guess you could say that we are in pretty good shape! This past week has been much easier, because our conditioning consists of a pool work-out where we get to play fun games, such as water polo. Tomorrow for our conditioning, we will "save" each other by completing the challenges for one another. For example, I didn't get to complete last weeks court challenge, so my teammates will divide the 20 down-back down-backs amongst one another, in order to "save" me. Not only does this go for the injured people, but for the people who didn't make their times in the previous challenges. I will be sure to let y'all know the results of the "saves" next week! Until then, have a great weekend!

ONLY ONE WEEK UNTIL BASKETBALL PRACTICE BEGINS!!!!


Lauren Holt #33

No comments:

Post a Comment